Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Good experience overall

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsThe company has a good work-life balance and does not have a cut-throat culture. The company is huge and has lots of opportunities. Although the industry is going through rough times, it is still one of the more stable industries for job stability.

ConsThe industry and company can be very slow moving in terms career and business. They have a lot of processes and red-tape which can stop movers-and-shakers. The bureaucracy can be too much sometimes and promotions are based mostly on seniority. Although, they have a good culture the company is made up of middle-aged white men.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange culture to better fit young employees. The bureaucracy keeps young employees down and scares potential young talent away. Make promotions more about performance rather than number of years worked.

Government military contractor suffering under liberal control of governement

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great total benefits package for now, may disappear under Obamacare. Cons: Ruthless in cutting personnel when the chips are down. Advice to Senior Management: Stop glossing over the liberal government. It is such a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sr Contract Negotiator

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Company to work for, good work life balance, competive… Cons: Slow moving proccess for upward mobility, as PM you are expected to… Advice to Senior Management: Great Company - No advice given Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!