Excellent internship experience

Current Intern - Software Engineer
Current Intern - Software Engineer

I have been working at Raytheon as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Was able to work with a lot of talented people during my internship, learned a lot, and was able to leave with an excellent full time offer. Working hours were very flexible, even as an intern.

Cons

HR was stunningly incompetent throughout the entire hiring process. Raytheon itself has a toxic culture, but there are plenty smaller groups within them with people and management that seem well-adjusted. Your experience here will depend very much on which part of Raytheon you end up in. Lotus Notes is used here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Nice place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great -- genuinely friendly and team-oriented. I don't normally keep in touch as friends with the people I have worked with, after the job ends, but this time I have. The work is challenging as well.

Cons

The systems and processes are underdeveloped for a company of its size. The IT organisation has not been forward-looking, with the result that non-technical employees are far behind in the technologies that they can use. In other areas, there is too much duplicate work. For example, being able to make an online entry or request while still having to fill out forms and run around and have them signed. Very old fashioned.

2. A vast learning experience!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Raytheon as an intern

Pros

Great willingness to collaborate! A wealth of knowledge surrounding you, and many people happy to mentor you if you are in the very start of such a professional career.

Cons

A meeting culture. Sometimes found myself (often generously) invited to meeting I did not need to attend (and wasting time). At times awkward to decline, when they say the benefit and I did not.

Advice to Management

Let's add regular breaks to the schedule! Boost people to step away from their desks and 2+ long meetings to give our brains a break!