Raytheon

www.raytheon.com
  www.raytheon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Raytheon was a great first job for me

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, interesting projects, tuition reimbursement, lots of young people, a very nice benefits package, ability to move around in the company

Cons

I don't have too many negative things to say about Raytheon. I left because I wanted to move back to my home state. My only complaint is that it's a defense job and the funding relies a lot on politics and who's president at the time.

1546 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Good technology company, needs to modernize its management approaches

Former Employee - Program Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Part of the defense/aerospace industry, helping to protect our nation. Lots of great technology to work on, lots of great people to work with. Uses mature & well-defined processes & procedures. Has numerous nationwide / worldwide locations, and there are opportunities to relocate / move around the country and/or world.

Cons

Outdated management practices (think northeast corporate culture from the '60s / '70s). The company uses an employee performance review system similar to Microsoft's "stacking" review system. Recent significant reorganizations, loss of local leadership (without being replaced), and layoffs have been causing chaos and degraded morale among the employees.

While quarterly / annual financial returns are important, there has been too much emphasis on them versus long-term goals in corporate plans (i.e., too much "survival mode" tactical planning and not enough strategic planning).

I have been at Hughes Aircraft and then Raytheon for a 30 years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have good benefits and diversity.

Cons

It's a perfect example of big "Corporate America". It's all about the bottom line and Wall Street. I liked it better when it was Hughes Aircraft Company.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon