Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,258 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Good Company and Great People

Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI really like working for Raytheon in Tucson. I started as a Hughes employee in 1997, but no one told me about the Hughes retirement plan. There is lots of work. The people are family. The cost of living in Tucson is low. The company, under Bill Swanson, is progressive.

ConsTucson. Cow town. Lots of red tape. Slow to accomplish what needs to be done due to being a defense firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's a lot of grooming to those who "appear" to fit the mold. It's tiring to see the same (useless) people promoted year after year.

Great company to work for.

Senior Multi-disciplined Engineer I (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Do exciting work, innovative work Good about developing new talent Allow lateral… Cons: The company is pretty large and at times the bureaucratic processes can be confusing and daunting,… Advice to Senior Management: Keep developing young talent and work to expand our market… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Business Development Operations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Plano, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pros: Flexibility, Compensation and Work Life Balance Cons: Cons: Too many processes, lack of empowerment and lack… Advice to Senior Management: Review your processes. You are processing yourself out of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.