Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,255 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Good technology company, needs to modernize its management approaches

Program Manager (Former Employee)
Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPart of the defense/aerospace industry, helping to protect our nation. Lots of great technology to work on, lots of great people to work with. Uses mature & well-defined processes & procedures. Has numerous nationwide / worldwide locations, and there are opportunities to relocate / move around the country and/or world.

ConsOutdated management practices (think northeast corporate culture from the '60s / '70s). The company uses an employee performance review system similar to Microsoft's "stacking" review system. Recent significant reorganizations, loss of local leadership (without being replaced), and layoffs have been causing chaos and degraded morale among the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile quarterly / annual financial returns are important, there has been too much emphasis on them versus long-term goals in corporate plans (i.e., too much "survival mode" tactical planning and not enough strategic planning).

I have been at Hughes Aircraft and then Raytheon for a 30 years.

El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: They have good benefits and diversity. Cons: It's a perfect example of big "Corporate America". It's all about the bottom… More

Outstanding "worker-bee" people - terrible management

Program Manager (Former Employee)
Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Engineering and support staff are outstanding - great to work with, go out… Cons: Management is out for themselves - don't care about the staff -… Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue - treat your people right and everyone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.