There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

A challenging and rewarding experience. Worked in software, systems and test engineering .

Former Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people and the technology was the best. Worked for them for 25 years? Excellent resource groups and activities

Cons

Our facility was small and had limited opportunities. But being small made it feel like a family, since you knew everyone

reviews filtered by

There are better places to work

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Most people, who are not managers, are very nice.

Cons

Very political. There is a chasm between the Management and the Workers. If you tell a manager that there is a problem with a product you may very likely be targeted for retaliation including bad reviews, less pay increases and lay off. Example, try to find out what happened to any engineers who spoke out about problems on the Patriot Missile System in the 1990s.

There are only a few that a non political worker can talk to but even these will throw you in front of the bus in order to survive when the heat is on.

2. Good Company and Great People

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really like working for Raytheon in Tucson. I started as a Hughes employee in 1997, but no one told me about the Hughes retirement plan. There is lots of work. The people are family. The cost of living in Tucson is low. The company, under Bill Swanson, is progressive.

Cons

Tucson. Cow town. Lots of red tape. Slow to accomplish what needs to be done due to being a defense firm.

There's a lot of grooming to those who "appear" to fit the mold. It's tiring to see the same (useless) people promoted year after year.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon