Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,261 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Good place to start your career.

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
Fullerton, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork with very intelligent engineers.
Process were well defined.
Flexible with working hours so that people was able to balance graduate school / family / medical needs, etc.
Great benefits.

ConsPrograms can be slow to respond due to the size of the and nature of the work.
High turnover of HR personnel at the site I worked at.
Can be difficult to expand beyond current job role.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to keep employees challenged with their roles and responsibilities so that skillset is fully utilized. This is the reason why I left the company as a better opportunity for growth came up.
It is understandable that layoffs are needed when there is a downturn, but how the layoffs are conducted shows the true leadership and character of a company.

Help make management rich

Program Manager II (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Some interesting projects to work on. Generally friendly work force. Cons: Your hard work translates directly to a bonus for your boss not compensation for you. Expected to work at least 50 to 60 hours a… Advice to Senior Management: Stop lying to your employees and expecting them to be happy about it. Next time you do your "anonymous… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A challenging and rewarding experience. Worked in software, systems and test engineering .

Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The people and the technology was the best. Worked… Cons: Our facility was small and had limited opportunities. But being… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.