Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,259 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Solid entry level software job.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey try to listen to their employees and provide better benefits and more interesting projects whenever possible. Definitely gave the impression that you could make a career there if you wanted to.

ConsThings change slowly here, it can be hard to patiently wait for new projects to come along or new opportunities to appear.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend finding a better way to restructure programs without killing morale. I was glad that I got to dive right in to higher responsibilities but I wasn't happy to watch many of my team members run off to new projects shortly after I joined.

Raytheon Missile Systems

Business Strategy (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The following are positives: Flexibile work schedule, management, visibility to top… Cons: The following are negatives: Opportunity for growth for non-technical (business) professionals is limited. Value on non-technical,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to start your career.

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
Fullerton, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work with very intelligent engineers. Process were well defined. Flexible with working hours so that… Cons: Programs can be slow to respond due to the size of the and nature of the work. High turnover… Advice to Senior Management: Need to keep employees challenged with their roles and responsibilities so that skillset is fully utilized. This is the reason why I left the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.