There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Great company to work for, but also a huge corporation with all the pros and cons that go with that.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Specialist I in Aurora, CO
Current Employee - Supply Chain Specialist I in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Great benefits, supportive management, huge company with lots of different avenues to explore, very supportive of continuing education internally and externally

Cons

It's a huge corporation with all the bureaucracy that comes with that size company. It can be difficult to get things done due to the sheer size of the company, and processes and procedures get in the way of logical business decisions.

Quit layering processes and procedures on top of those in place and simplify the business place. There are so many processes that have to be followed that Raytheon becomes inefficient and cumbersome when trying to make business decisions.

1494 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

SAS Jekyll & Hyde

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer II (E04) in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer II (E04) in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Interesting technology, flexible work schedule, competitive pay...but you have to keep abreast of your own market value as management will low ball you every year on your merit increases if you let them.

Cons

SAS is split between California & Texas. I've worked both places. In California, the engineers are treated like the technical talent that they are...plenty of training opportunities, many major contracts requiring a wide variety of specialties, plenty of room/opportunities for growth and advancement. In Texas, the engineers in SAS are treated as though they should feel lucky to have decent paying jobs. The Texas organization is very top heavy (lots of engineers with 20+ years of experience) making it very difficult for junior engineers to advance. You basically have to wait for the older people to retire. There are no opportunities to learn new skills as there is no training budget for Texas. Also, most of the programs are production type programs, so if you are a design engineer and/or are looking for development programs, skip Texas and go to California. Maybe the super cheap cost of living in Texas makes management apathetic to the needs of their employees. In California, I guess they realize people aren't going to stick around in a high cost of living environment unless they are treated well.

Raytheon's management is just that...management. No better, no worse than any other giant, bloated aerospace/defense company. My advice to all of these giants...start looking out for the workers instead of the stockholders. Satisfied, motivated, happy workers lead to better products, which leads to happier stockholders.

Raytheon missile systems: Join up, get your skills, get your security clearance, leave by start of year 4.

Current Employee - Principal Multi-Disciplined Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Principal Multi-Disciplined Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Lots of work so long as the liberals don't turn us into France.
    This is my second review on RMS. Not much has changed so read the earlier version.

Cons

Way, way, way too much bee-es about ethics, and diversity.

Yes, its become much worse over the last year.

Every time I turn around, its another "ethics training session" or more bee-es about "diversity."

Why do they push this krapola when Congress is about as dishonest and immoral as the anti-christ and senior management keeps promoting the "under represented classes"

Sound bitter? Yep, I was passed over in favor of ... well, you get it.

Management has their own way of doing things. Each one kisses but upward in hopes of promotion.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon