Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Overworked, underappreciated and underpaid.

Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsTime-off: 9/80 schedule allows for 9 hour workdays and every other Friday off. Many employees are hard-working for fear of social ridicule and lay-offs.

ConsRaytheon is a heavily process driven, bloated, bureaucratic organization with many layers of middle management and few avenues for career advancement. Many of the senior level managers and executives come from firms outside of Raytheon. Finance managers have very poor people skills and refuse to be leaders. After 7 years at Raytheon, I've never seen the CEO or President of my business unit in person. Many employees feel like a disposable widget at this organization and many leave for higher paying opportunities at companies with better reputations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPhysically walk the floors to greet your employees. Explain business strategy in-person and often. Make performance evaluations less subjective. Create mentorship opportunities. Develop careers paths. Be friendly.

Great Job and Flexibility

Software Engineer (Former Employee) McKinney, TX

I worked at Raytheon as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility, work from home, employee appreciation Cons: Down times, when project has no work is boring Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing it like you are Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

ASP.NET Contract Programmer - Texas

ASP.NET Developer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Raytheon as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: 6-month contract per-hour pay was adequate, about $40/hr for ASP.NET… Cons: 1) Bureaucratic, Clock-Watching micro-managers who want you planted in your seat no more than 6-minutes late - Otherwise you have to call in, which is… Advice to Senior Management: Raytheon Management should chill out on the micro-management and collaboration to nowhere, loosen up and have REAL flex hours like everyone else, on the hours,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!