Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,261 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Great culture, great benefits, and noble mission."

Communications Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWhen you are making products for the America's men and women in uniform, then you are doing work that saves lives and brings these heroes home to their families. The pay and benefits at Raytheon are great too.

ConsThe worst thing about working about Raytheon is the unpredicability of the business results. The Aerospace and Defense business has huge up and down swings. You never know when you might lose your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees at Raytheon need more recognition for the work that they do, and how they contribute to the success of the business. Managers need to "connect the dots" to how their jobs relate to the overall company success.

The place to work, if you can't do any better - I guess - great benefits

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Woburn, MA

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The Woburn gym!! They provide(d?) trainers there! They pay pretty well. In 2007, an E04 Senior Software Engineer was making about 90K. An E05 could break… Cons: Work environment. As others have noticed,Raytheon gets paid "by the head". As a result, I have seen managers simply promote their friends. In several… Advice to Senior Management: Stop promoting losers. If you have someone who is having regular meltdowns because they can't do their job, but you like them, train them. Support… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very diverse products, military applications, and opportunities if you are strategic in your approach

Program Engineer (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: interesting work Good people Much room for growth Longevity Cons: Old people, old style Some elders are not engaged and carry… Advice to Senior Management: Be dynamic, engage Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.