Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Some good, some bad. Come in as an early career HRG, and you'll be okay.

Principal Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsPay seems to be at or above market. Raytheon is a big player in the defense industry, so you'll get to know it well. If you're an early career HR professional, this may be a great place to stay for a few years to get some experience.

ConsAntiquated performance management philosophy, no real HR innovation. You're graded against your peers in order to get a raise, so no real incentive to collaborate with other HR people. Incredibly tactical, administrative HR function focused only on deadlines, not on process improvements.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow up as leaders, not just managers. Reward those willing to innovate and find better ways to do to things. Figure out how to make the HR Services Model actually work so that every HR role isn't just a tactical / admin role.

Senior Software Engineer I

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portsmouth, RI

I have been working at Raytheon full-time

Pros: The pay is good and the flexible work hours are helpful to most people. There is a… Cons: The performance review process is ridiculous. This identical review process failed in numerous other major companies and they dropped it. … Advice to Senior Management: Stop spending all of your time trying fit into the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great career , terrific people, direct support to service men & women

Program Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Interesting technology, Challenging engineering, good corporate culture Cons: Volatile business base, periodic layoffs Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!