Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Human Resources

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Dulles, VA

ProsLong-standing aerospace & defenses government contractor. Comparatively speaking, strong emphasis on ethical behaviors backed up by continual training in this regard. Pride in serving the mission to secure our country. Great benefits for this industry.

ConsFits and starts with enterprise initiatives so new methodologies and practices are not able to take hold because results are unrealistically required immediately. Growth and promotional opportunities based more on who you know and the influence of your advocates rather than by merit. Professes strategic view and customer support but thinking is more tactical in nature. Diversity of thought is not encouraged or accepted and accountability at the senior/executive level to drive success is not apparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to consider ideas from a variety of sources and resources with an open mind even if they are contrary. Root out those at all levels whose actions and behaviors are non-productive and disruptive to the success of the organization. Work harder to develop talent and reward initiative. Really have an open door where employees can reach out for the help they need without retribution. Welcome input from those in the younger generations who will infuse strategy with innovative ideas to meet the challenges of the 21st century and beyond. Be more willing to admit when an approach is not working and to find ways to better pivot to address and provide solutions for the changing economic, geo-political, etc. environment.

Great for engineers not as great for others

Supply Chain Specialist I (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for less than a year

Pros: Raytheon gives you the chance to be apart of some… Cons: Basically government ran. All policies are government specified or suggested so the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

worked in Human Resources Department

Human Resources Professional (Former Employee) Dulles, VA

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great people, flexibility, ability to work in different groups Cons: Poor leadership, many leaders are just waiting to retire, not… Advice to Senior Management: Be a servant leader instead of just speaking about it, be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!