There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Information Systems Technologist II in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Senior Information Systems Technologist II in Arlington, VA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good environment, very good 401k, supportive team, good benefits, good training. I would definitely come back (in fact, in a lot of ways, I'm sorry I left there in the first place)

Cons

Too much badgering about contributing to the PAC. I would have preferred to not seen quite as much political involvement, but understand that, as a defense contractor, such things are necessary.

n/a -- they did a great job and can't consider much to recommend.

1490 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Good overall experience.

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Garland, TX

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits: Not sure what they are for new hires these days, and I know they used to be even better a couple years before I signed up, but the benefits are good. 401k matching, health, life insurance. ~3% raises/year (I guess more if you get promoted). Performance sharing once a year, which depends on the business but it's generally a good amount. Good people and good team-focused environment (help each other out, etc). Another good benefit is flex time: you work 40 hrs/week, but on a given 2-week pay period you can flex time to/from a week, so as long as your manager is okay with it, you could work 35hrs one week and 45 the next (in a given pay period).

Cons

My experience has mostly been positive. Sometimes the atmosphere can be negative around layoff time (which probably happens at other companies, too). Maybe it's just been my experience, but I seldom feel like complaining about my work day. So far I've been a part of good teams doing interesting/good work.

Keep up the good work? I don't know.

Life rolls over you at Raytheon with layoffs of 5000-10,000 people in 2013

Former Employee - Senior Manager in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in McKinney, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Salary, Great Benefits... unless you get laid off

Cons

Layoffs resulting from Senior management failing to remain competitive and rely on sole source contract renewals versus competing for new business resulting in the demise of at least one of the major business divisions at Raytheon. The leaders get the golden parachutes while the employees get the layoff notices... 5,000-10,000 of them in 2013 with Wall Street cheering on the current CEO who is also about to retire and wants to preserve the value of his stock options.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon