Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,350 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Good overall experience.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Garland, TX

ProsBenefits: Not sure what they are for new hires these days, and I know they used to be even better a couple years before I signed up, but the benefits are good. 401k matching, health, life insurance. ~3% raises/year (I guess more if you get promoted). Performance sharing once a year, which depends on the business but it's generally a good amount. Good people and good team-focused environment (help each other out, etc). Another good benefit is flex time: you work 40 hrs/week, but on a given 2-week pay period you can flex time to/from a week, so as long as your manager is okay with it, you could work 35hrs one week and 45 the next (in a given pay period).

ConsMy experience has mostly been positive. Sometimes the atmosphere can be negative around layoff time (which probably happens at other companies, too). Maybe it's just been my experience, but I seldom feel like complaining about my work day. So far I've been a part of good teams doing interesting/good work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work? I don't know.

Good/Solid Company to Work For

Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: 9/80 Schedule, Work Life Balance is truly supported, educational reimbursement,… Cons: Slow and not as efficient as it can be - sometimes… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage the high performers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company cares about the well being of the employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Raytheon as a contractor

Pros: Very large company with opportunity to grow. Cons: Not many opportunities for those hired as temporary employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.