Strong reputable company with diverse workforce and flexible schedule

Current Employee - Material Program Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Material Program Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Flexible work hours, work from home option available, diversity is a core value

Cons

Extensive policies and procedures, lots of red tape working with the government

Other Reviews for Raytheon

Raytheon IT

Former Employee - Principal IT Architect  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Principal IT Architect in Denver, CO

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting work, diverse locations and opportunities, particularly DoD related. Significant opportunities for growth in skills and training. Opportunities for travel to many US and international job sites. Strong reputation and recognition. Leading company with leading technologies. Great place to work for engineers, IT architects, project managers, etc.

Cons

Many IT jobs require security clearance, Some jobs contingent upon government contracts and may go away when the contract ends. Career growth hard, in some cases, if you can't relocate to another city/facility. Some jobs depend on on-going contract funding by the US government, which seems to have issues recently. Effort expectations frequently exceed normal work hours.

Diversify more into civilian and non-government opportunities.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Information Systems Technologist II  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Information Systems Technologist II in Arlington, VA

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good environment, very good 401k, supportive team, good benefits, good training. I would definitely come back (in fact, in a lot of ways, I'm sorry I left there in the first place)

Cons

Too much badgering about contributing to the PAC. I would have preferred to not seen quite as much political involvement, but understand that, as a defense contractor, such things are necessary.

n/a -- they did a great job and can't consider much to recommend.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!