Raytheon

www.raytheon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Great work/life balance, good benefits, somewhat stagnant business scope

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tewksbury, MA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tewksbury, MA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I believe Raytheon consistently delivers more technically sound engineering solutions than our competitors. Unfortunately, we historically lack shrewd business sense, which has, at times, cost us contracts. A recent change over in senior management seems to be actively working to improve the company in this area.

A great opportunity to work in a variety of roles across all aspects of the business. The company actively encourages professional growth and allows employees flexibility for their personal needs.

Cons

Business scope is often limited by the nature of this industry. Raytheon is primarily known as a missile and radar company. We have tried to expand our repertoire some, but it is often an uphill battle to get people in the company to stretch beyond our company's core competency.

I would like to see the company start explore more private ventures, and not have to solely rely on the changing whims of the elected officials in Washington.

1569 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Employee/Customer Oriented, salary consistent with today's market

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Job Security, good colleagues and work/life balance

Cons

Incentives for training paid by the company - should cover 100% for employees working in support positions.

Provide Employer Paid Training 100% Programs

It was a nice place to work.

Former Employee - Assembler in Largo, FL
    Former Employee - Assembler in Largo, FL

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, some nice people to work for and helpful. All the jobs (areas) are really easy and the instructions on how to build something are very simple to follow. The Engineers are very good at helping out when there is a problem.

Cons

Management love gossip - from the floor supervisors to the department managers. Hourly people will make up stories about other employees and go spread rumors. The Union there (UAW) really stick by their own people and create problems for non-union people. It's a cut-throat place to work - you need a suit of armor to work there.

Just do their job and don't listen to the B.S. on the floor with the employees. Just get the job done and correctly.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon