Raytheon

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

For The Young Only

Current Employee - Senior Manf Engineer in Forest, MS
Current Employee - Senior Manf Engineer in Forest, MS

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

9/80 Work Schedule (Every other Friday off)

Cons

The "Forced Rating System" is used not allowing actual deserved performance ratings by supervisors (i.e. most great performers told they are doing fair only or unacceptable).
there is forced employment reductions of employees over 50 years of age (their form of the movie "Logan;s Run"). Most managers are managers only with no experience about what their staff does (non-technical).

A new CEO with "christian faith" must make major changes to culture.

1529 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Information Systems Technologist II in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Information Systems Technologist II in Arlington, VA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good environment, very good 401k, supportive team, good benefits, good training. I would definitely come back (in fact, in a lot of ways, I'm sorry I left there in the first place)

Cons

Too much badgering about contributing to the PAC. I would have preferred to not seen quite as much political involvement, but understand that, as a defense contractor, such things are necessary.

n/a -- they did a great job and can't consider much to recommend.

Good overall experience.

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Garland, TX

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits: Not sure what they are for new hires these days, and I know they used to be even better a couple years before I signed up, but the benefits are good. 401k matching, health, life insurance. ~3% raises/year (I guess more if you get promoted). Performance sharing once a year, which depends on the business but it's generally a good amount. Good people and good team-focused environment (help each other out, etc). Another good benefit is flex time: you work 40 hrs/week, but on a given 2-week pay period you can flex time to/from a week, so as long as your manager is okay with it, you could work 35hrs one week and 45 the next (in a given pay period).

Cons

My experience has mostly been positive. Sometimes the atmosphere can be negative around layoff time (which probably happens at other companies, too). Maybe it's just been my experience, but I seldom feel like complaining about my work day. So far I've been a part of good teams doing interesting/good work.

Keep up the good work? I don't know.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon