Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,345 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Great company -- treats interns very well.

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Garland, TX

ProsGiven the opportunity to learn a variety of new things, work very well with interns, don't pinch pennies in terms of infrastructure and software

ConsCan be a little bit political, which isn't surprising given the size of the company and nature of the work. Nothing that all large companies don't have.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind talent quickly; mid-level management could tell you right away who the most competent people are. Some of the most talented engineers are stuck climbing the ladder with everyone else, while they could be making a difference immediately. Also, the structure for finding people to lead new projects needs work -- resumes aren't a good indicator. Instead, again -- ask mid-level management who interact with engineers on a daily basis.

Great company with delusions of grandeur, they sometimes reach beyond their grasp.

Operations Specialist (Former Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: They used to have a profit sharing program but, like so many other companies, they… Cons: They have terrific benefits but, again, they are dumping them… Advice to Senior Management: I would really like to be a part of your team but you neither want to acknowledge my… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for.

Hardware Engineer (Former Employee)
    McKinney, TX

I worked at Raytheon as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits Lots of opportunity to move up in the company. Cons: Too many layoffs Not a lot of school recruitment like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.