Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,258 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Many good engineers to work with, but many average or below as well, and too many managers.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood place to develop programming skills as a software engineer. Many good engineers to work with and learn from. Very interesting domain, you really feel like the product you are working on is meaningful.

ConsMany average engineers that are carried by the stronger engineers. Also, there are many engineers in positions that provide little value to the program, but are there because of seniority. Award fees rarely trickle down to engineers that actually work on implementation of a product, so incentive to work hard is not really there.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating developers as though they are interchangeable. Stop burdening engineers with meaningless status information and start asking what you can contribute towards delivering a successful product.

A decent place to visit, but I couldn't afford to stay there

Software Engineer II (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I thought Raytheon was mostly fine. The benefits were fine. My coworkers were… Cons: Compensation. I started out in a very junior role simply assisting a senior engineer maintain and develop some JSP sites. After a year… Advice to Senior Management: I know Raytheon is a large company, so I'm sure of their management already knows this, but those that don't need to realize that undervaluing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Business Intelligence Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Raytheon

Pros: Teammates were amazing. A lot of talented and bright people. Cons: A very conservative company that at times lacked innovation. Any… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be afraid to embrace change. The defense industry is… More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.