Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Very Satisfied with RTSC

Current Employee - Developer  in  Garland, TX
Current Employee - Developer in Garland, TX

Pros

Treat me very well. Recently participated in an employee survey and they really looked at the information from the last one and tried to make the workplace better.

Cons

Sometimes have to work a lot.

Keep growing and improving the company moral through the employee survey.

Other reviews for Raytheon

30+ years of stable employment

Current Employee - Manager  in  El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Not many people in my area get laid off. There is interesting technical work. I work with a pleasant group of people. I have the opportunity to interface directly with my government customer.

Cons

Typical politics, especially if you want to rise. Since Raytheon took over, I've seen a lot of program managers get pushed aside if they don't pass muster. There's definitely a ceiling beyond which you must have strong political skills to rise above.

Be more broad-minded in considering internal applicants for open positions. Having worked for the company for as long as I have, my history precedes me to any interviews.

Gen Y Review

Current Employee - Systems Engineer II  in  Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer II in Marlborough, MA

Pros

Large company with flexibility to move around to other departments and/or other geographic locations. Intelligent employees who value diversity and a strong work ethic. Strong social programs offer activities for the 35-and-under crowd.

Cons

Sometimes you have to go and find your own work to do, especially when you're new and/or don't have much experience. Managers should help with this but they have other needs to address first. The job is what you make of it. Work load is inconsistent - some weeks are crazy busy but others can be a downright bore.

You do a great job of valuing your employees with rewards, events, etc. Gen Y employees desire to take leadership and ownership of their projects, so they risk feeling inconsequential when assigned a bullet list of tasks.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!