Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,349 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

A good ride while it lasted.

Senior Technologist II (Former Employee)
Garland, TX

ProsPay and benefits are good but not great. Many projects are state of the art and exciting to work on. Your coworkers and most middle management are a joy to work with.

ConsBenefits are gradually being reduced and phased out. Upper leadership has no interest in you if you cannot directly help their career. You will be treated as a part in their machine and changed out without warning.
Reduction in Government spending has put stress on every part of this company, expect to work in fear of your job all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are serious about reducing costs! Try a top down approach, having bid on some smaller projects, I found the overhead was crushing. Once displayed a Org chart from the CEO to me, it was 8 feet long. 7 feet of management, 1 foot of workers and in 20 years I never met a single person above the 2nd foot line. Believe me the fat was cut from the lower labor grades long ago, so stop cutting there and look to reducing the overhead.

Exiting, Challenging, Rewarding but above all honored to be part of a company that looks out for the war fighter.

Information Technology (Current Employee)

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: It's great to be part of a company that supports and rewards job rotation and hard work. Over the last couple of years… Cons: Defense Contractors are somewhat old school. Very slow to adapt to new working environments. There… Advice to Senior Management: Old School thinking can be changed by upper management. Merge… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Raytheon

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Compensation and bonus structure is great Cons: Limited ability to transfer between divisions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.