There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Troy, MI
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Troy, MI

I worked at Raytheon as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Projects are very organized with clear requirements and time frames

Cons

Was a contractor. Was told before Christmas break that my contract was renewed and I'd be on for another 3 months. Was told the day after coming back that whoever approved this didn't talk with my boss and that he didn't have enough work for me. So, instead of being given a chance during the 1.5 week break for Christmas to look for a new job, I just assumed I was safe and suddenly had to scramble after the New Year.

Stop making your employee's feel like they're just a number. Talk to them. Get to know them. Have a stake in their life's.

1442 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Large company style, slow paced, and comfortable.

Former Employee - Supplier Engineer  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Supplier Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place for salary, health care benefits and vacation. Teams are formed on each program and this is where friendships are made.

Cons

To large and easy to get lost in the crowd. You need to align yourself with the correct leaders in order to move upward. You also need to find a team that is like minded. Too many teams are either youth based or the extreme opposite, where older workers are set in their ways

Listen to the comments made at yearly reviews. Take action on those folks who have greater talent than you have noticed and promote those who actually perform and also ask for a promotion.

Maybe a good place to start but not to stay long term

Former Employee - Business Manager
    Former Employee - Business Manager

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You learn a lot about the defense industry if you move around the company, there are many locations throughout the world. Benefits are pretty good as well as work life balance.

Cons

Unless you come in at a high salary, your chances of making any money here are slim to none. Promotions barely get you an additional 5% increase. Obtaining higher education will not give you an advantage amongst others. There are far too many layers of management and I always felt like I was being micromanaged. The company really likes mediocre employees who will do what they ask and not ask questions - the smart ones can see there is no future with the company and get out before it's too late.

Give employees freedom to think on their own and move up without having to follow a million policies and procedures. Stop micromanaging employees and reward those who do good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!