Raytheon

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Good, but not great

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits, interesting work, flexible work schedule, ample resources, consistent hours

Cons

over-constrained working environment, convoluted promotion structure, contradictory timecard standards and practices, lack of support for innovation

Empower your salaries employees to work as such and stop treating them like hourly employees! The current structure asks them to log exactly 40 hours, encouraging inflation of logged hours on slower weeks and deflation on busy weeks. Further, as section managers are encouraged to reduce overhead budgets, time which should have been logged here is often charged to a contract. Help encourage innovation and progress by allowing more flexibility in charging to overhead and "innovation" time! Encourage your employees to find new solutions using a portion of their time, as Google and others have.

1598 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing

Former Contractor - Graphic Designer in Troy, MI
    Former Contractor - Graphic Designer in Troy, MI

I worked at Raytheon as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Projects are very organized with clear requirements and time frames

Cons

Was a contractor. Was told before Christmas break that my contract was renewed and I'd be on for another 3 months. Was told the day after coming back that whoever approved this didn't talk with my boss and that he didn't have enough work for me. So, instead of being given a chance during the 1.5 week break for Christmas to look for a new job, I just assumed I was safe and suddenly had to scramble after the New Year.

Stop making your employee's feel like they're just a number. Talk to them. Get to know them. Have a stake in their life's.

Large company style, slow paced, and comfortable.

Former Employee - Supplier Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Supplier Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place for salary, health care benefits and vacation. Teams are formed on each program and this is where friendships are made.

Cons

To large and easy to get lost in the crowd. You need to align yourself with the correct leaders in order to move upward. You also need to find a team that is like minded. Too many teams are either youth based or the extreme opposite, where older workers are set in their ways

Listen to the comments made at yearly reviews. Take action on those folks who have greater talent than you have noticed and promote those who actually perform and also ask for a promotion.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon