There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

iIiI

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, above average benefits

Cons

Was layed off with no warning after giving them over 20 years of service. I thought my position was secure since we were building product and there was more on the horizon.

I thought I would be able to retire with Raytheon, but to be let go with no notice and no option to work a couple of weeks to be able to find another job internally just sucks!

My advice to all persons applying for a job with Raytheon's Advanced Products Center at the TI LBJ/75 Location is to look elsewhere.

1496 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

A good ride while it lasted.

Former Employee - Senior Technologist II in Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Technologist II in Garland, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are good but not great. Many projects are state of the art and exciting to work on. Your coworkers and most middle management are a joy to work with.

Cons

Benefits are gradually being reduced and phased out. Upper leadership has no interest in you if you cannot directly help their career. You will be treated as a part in their machine and changed out without warning.
    Reduction in Government spending has put stress on every part of this company, expect to work in fear of your job all the time.

If you are serious about reducing costs! Try a top down approach, having bid on some smaller projects, I found the overhead was crushing. Once displayed a Org chart from the CEO to me, it was 8 feet long. 7 feet of management, 1 foot of workers and in 20 years I never met a single person above the 2nd foot line. Believe me the fat was cut from the lower labor grades long ago, so stop cutting there and look to reducing the overhead.

I like it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Decent pay
    Good people

Cons

Terrible work/life balance
     low raises