There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Raytheon was a good company to work for

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Program Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They are truly a large corporation with all of the characteristics that go along with that. Good processes in place, opportunities for advancement. The best part of Raytheon are the great people who work there. Good compensation, but raise percentages were declining in the last 6 years; mirroring the employment environment; also driven by the particular area and focus of the business area you're in.

Cons

Raytheon touts their people as their best and most important asset, but that doesn't match their decisions and actions. Still a strongly dominated male environment in spite of some new female leaders appointed. More challenging for women to be recognized as innovative contributors. Very political company which drives leadership behavior, benefiting the leaderships' careers. Indianapolis has different benefits than the other RTN companies. Recommendation -- is if you have a choice, work for another division; but still a company I would work for again.

None; they wouldn't take it anyways.

1459 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Good company, uncertain economy

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than a year

Pros

stability, 401k contributin, work-life balance

Cons

lots of old-timers just waiting to retire. they are not productive and slow. while they are there, the rest of us can't get promoted.

move the unproductive people out so the ambitious youth can get promoted and decide not to quit.

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

It was a good company to be associated with at the time. Learned alot about the specific indusetry sector.

Cons

Had to learn about big company big industry processes and methods. There is really no "con" since this was my first job.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!