Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,255 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Good Company, Bad Industry

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood people, great benefits. I hugely enjoyed working with the colleagues I found there. The work was immensely satisfying. The layoff benefits were quite good.

ConsNo emphasis on training, poor career tracking, in an industry (defense) that is currently cratering. Like all big companies, they could be dense and bureaucratic.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify beyond the defense industry.

October 25, 2013

Security Specialist (Current Employee)
Herndon, VA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Raytheon is no different when compared to large government contractor companies (e.g. Lockheed… Cons: By all indications, Raytheon does not promote personnel within the company;… Advice to Senior Management: Consider promoting within not only at senior levels but throughout… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros: Ok pay, flex time and 9/80 work schedules Cons: Upper management not cohesive with lower management and individual contributors More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.