There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

I'm just a tool, to be used and set aside.

Former Contractor - Certified Instructor in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Contractor - Certified Instructor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Raytheon as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job. That's all.

Cons

Disconnected, dishonest management. Too big to be aware of employee needs/concerns. Takes advantage of contract employees (no overtime paid for 17hr days, 70-80hr weeks). Laid off twice (large groups of people, not just one) in 4 years...once via conference call!!

Start treating your contract employees like people. Provide worthwhile benefits. Quit lining your pockets with contract $$ and share some of it with the people earning it for you. Compensate your contractors fairly for the work they do.

reviews filtered by
  1. RaytnR

Current Employee - Multi-Disciplined Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Multi-Disciplined Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The salary is fair relative to the cost of living in the area. Some of the work I have done has been reasonably interesting. The benefits are pretty good. Overtime is rarely expected but sometimes available if desired.

Cons

Salary compression is a problem. Promotions can take a while depending on the department. Most of the work areas are dreary and depressing. No part of the outdoor areas on campus are picturesque. Most of the work available requires spending all day in a dreary, windowless environment.

Fix up the facilities and make the campus more beautiful.

Great old engineering company with great history of achievement - the government gets its money's worth

Former Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Woburn, MA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting work, hard working and great people and good pay. The challenges are many but worth the tremendous effort the employees put forth.

Cons

The company is sometimes overloaded by government demanded programs (such as six sigma, total quality management TQM) that have nothing to do with real engineering and science. Understandably the management should be involved with this, but the government forces everyone to be involved with it and it takes valuable time away from solving engineering problems.

Since I was not in management, I have no advice to give. Management at Raytheon was fine.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon