Raytheon

www.raytheon.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Lot's of opportunities to learn new skills

Current Employee - Engineer in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-Lots of opportunities to learn new skills. To benefit from this you must be hard working, and willing to push for what kinds of jobs you want.
-Huge talent pool. There is no shortage of hard working, highly intelligent people

Cons

- Odd distribution of engineering performance. Many are great engineers, but many are dumber than a box of rocks. There are few in between. If you get the pleasure of leading a team, punt the dead weight early on.
- Easy to get stuck doing one thing if you are trying to do what's right for the company and not what's right for you.
- HR has clamped down on raises, promotions and bonuses.
- Only upper/middle management gets huge bonuses. Encouraged to work hard to solving crisis after crisis caused by poor management in order to ensure that the same management gets their fat 15-20%+ of salary bonuses. Then given a $250 award as a thanks for all the long hours and weekends. Insulting.

Pay for performance please. Only getting an extra 0.5% to 1% raise for outperforming >75% of your department is not pay for performance.

1603 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Short, productive , and eduational

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Raytheon part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Best companies to work for

Cons

None that gave me pause

keep up the good work

iIiI

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, above average benefits

Cons

Was layed off with no warning after giving them over 20 years of service. I thought my position was secure since we were building product and there was more on the horizon.

I thought I would be able to retire with Raytheon, but to be let go with no notice and no option to work a couple of weeks to be able to find another job internally just sucks!

My advice to all persons applying for a job with Raytheon's Advanced Products Center at the TI LBJ/75 Location is to look elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon