Raytheon

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Run away!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. 9/80 Schedule. Low stress. Friendly co-workers.

Cons

Boring work. Lots of red tape. Management only cares about gathering stupid metrics that even they agree is stupid.

Raytheon Six Sigma... ugh. Huge waste of time that we make the government pay for.

1606 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Focused much more on process than engineering

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer I in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer I in Andover, MA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Every other Friday off. Some of the people that work their are very friendly.

Cons

Conflicting views from different areas of management. Upper level management says that your can get in trouble for working and then not charging it but a lot of project leads try to pressure you into not charging hours after doing work for them. Also hard to receive help as no one wants to help if they are afraid they won't receive a contract to charge. When starting at the company there is no reasoning behind where they put you. Also management in your section gets upset if you do not do a Six Sigma project but its almost impossible to find funding for a project in some areas.

Actually place people based on their skills and interests or do not hire them. LIsten to employees when they say project leads are pressuring them to not charge to contracts rather than rewarding the leads for being under budget.

Lackluster job with very little career growth or training, lots of daily Catch-22s that you cannot avoid

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer II in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer II in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, but I can't say much better about this place. What you get when you start is what you'll be making when you leave.

Cons

Advancement only through high school style politics. Pigeon hole career paths. Struggle for resources to get your job done.

Drop the petty politics, let people do the work they need to do, and review them on that basis (and not review them on their political kissing-up)

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon