There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Acquire any useful work experience and then leave.

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck, life/work balance, and health benefits.

Cons

Incompetent and unprofessional management team from project level up to department level. No technical training, ability to transfer, or career advancement opportunities. My design section had 8 managers who all quit the company within a 5 year span. No innovation and lack of focus in business. Real engineering design work is performed in El Segundo, California. Management politics dominate throughout all project functions.

1488 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Chief Architect

Current Employee - Chief Architect in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Chief Architect in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent opportunities and exciting work with many different career options.

Cons

Shifting organizations causes instability across the organizations to gain any traction to being successful.

Give VP and Director level organizations at least 3 years of stability before causing additional changes because the ripple effect causes mass confusion across the organization and those that have not been with the company long get jumpy quick.

Manufacturing Engineering Manager

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Manager in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Manager in McKinney, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Values and Behaviors of the Raytheon Company were deployed throughout the organization in which I worked. We may have had our disagreements but they were always handled using the Raytheon 14 Values and Behaviors, Respect, and Trust.

Cons

Unfortunately, while Raytheon is a great company to work for, it is impacted by the US Policy Makers and now that the country is in a 90 day budget and will most likely practice Sequestration for years to come, I can see Raytheon, despite it's best efforts to be a growing company, impacted.

The rank and file need to see their leadership and be communicated to so that they have assurance that the leadership is doing what it can to make Raytheon a viable company during these lean years.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon