Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

The People Make the Place!!! Compensation is Ehhh...

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe people that you interact with daily make the environment awesome. If you are working on the design side of things and have a great team your ideas may be implemented. The people make the place. Most of the interesting programs are in the northeast area.

ConsWe are currently merging the working environment so it is becoming more and more difficult to do get things done. Every defensive contractor has the issue with documentation and red tape but its becoming more and more of a hassle.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward high performers financially more frequently. Individuals are asked/tasked to work above your salary grade for an extended amount of time without the recognition given. It seems like you have to be doing salary grades higher than yours for a year in order to get a promotion.

Terrific

Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) Fullerton, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great pay and benefits, great staff of personnel to work… Cons: Though this is a great job with terrific benefits, there is always the cloud hanging over your head… Advice to Senior Management: No advice for the management, some are absolutely great and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

good when there was enough work

Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: variety of engineering knowledge required, possibility for learning opportunities if… Cons: engineering not always funded due to programs being in charge and very cautious with budgets. programs often only call upon… Advice to Senior Management: don't throw away senior engineers, you'll pay the price eventually Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!