There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Direct management (i.e. the folks I really work for) is excellent. Pay is competitive, and work/life balance is excellent. The flexible work schedule, when workload allows, is very beneficial. My experience has been that the company works hard to place employees between contracts.

Cons

It can be stressful when the project you're working on ends, depending on what new contracts are being awarded. Emphasis on Six Sigma is annoying. Benefits are not what they were when I first joined the company.

Ease up on Six Sigma.

1457 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Raytheon NCS is a decent place to work with flexible work hours and decent wages if you don't mind bad management.

Current Employee - Software Engineer II  in  Fullerton, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Raytheon NCS is a stable place to work. There is an optional 9/80 schedule where you work 80 hours in 9 days, meaning every other Friday is off. Benefits are good and as long as you get on a good project you'll be satisfied.

Cons

Raytheon NCS, like most defense companies, generally uses older mature technologies. If you're into learning new technolgy, this is not the place for you. Raises and profit sharing are pathetic. If you're unlucky enough to get put on a bad project, you'll work long hours with no overtime.

Leadership at NCS has no clue. CMMI is their culture, but I think the process is overboard since Raytheon Fullerton Operations (RFO) is a Level 5. As a result, they think they can predict a project's outcome and schedule, but they're always too ambitious. All projects are behind schedule so the employees get blamed when its management's fault for relying too much on CMMI. Since management is older, they don't adopt newer agile software development methods. Things are managed in a waterfall process, which we all know does not work.

No respect for employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

the best reason to work there is because the economy is awful and choices are few, so if you get an offer, you may as well take it and hope for the best.

Cons

Management treats contractors like lowly slaves who deserve no respect and can be dismissed at the drop of a hat without any explanation. There is a culture of disrespect and a clear division between the contractors and direct employees, its a modern day caste system. Most people are miserable but too scared to speak up for fear of retaliation.

Remember what it was like when you were HUMAN?

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!