There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Raytheon offer the United Health insurance that include co-payment.

Cons

Raytheon did not offer the sick pay leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

It was an excellent adventure (while it lasted).

Former Employee - Senior Engineering Support Tech in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineering Support Tech in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My immediate management was generous with letting me run the dept as long as I got things done and my efforts were value added.

Cons

I was hoping to retire from Raytheon but upper management did not look at the ramifications of laying me off. Many program managers I supported were confused why I was let go. If a manager is changed there is no means to communicate to a new manager how well employees are doing and all the rapport built up over the years is lost and you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Take better care to keep your best employees. They deserve better.

2. Engineering Planner

Current Employee - Engineering Planner in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Engineering Planner in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company allows for a relatively flexible work schedule, and has great work/life balance. They have a system called the 9/80 schedule where you can choose to work 80 hours over the course of 9 days and take every other Friday off (given there's no urgent work that needs to be completed).

Cons

- There isn't a much of a training guideline for new hires, and management seems to expect the employees to figure it out. - The HR department is quite slow in processing anything, and also relatively inflexible in negotiations (part of it due to being a large company). - Politics also play a big part in in the company, and functions in quite an old-fashioned manner (having unwritten rules of what is qualified as a promotion). - Culture isn't particularly friendly or unfriendly, very much just a place to work and go home to family, don't expect to make a lot of buddies from work who all grab beer together afterwards.

Advice to Management

Spend more time recruiting and developing recent college graduates, as it would bring in more energy, creativity, and a gradual change in the overall work environment (to become more vivacious).