There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Systems Engineer

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Fullerton, CA
Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible schedule even with the 980 schedule. Mediocre benefits. 10k a year for tuition reimbursement. Year end government shutdown. It's a great place to work if you are older and have a family, since you put in your hours and leave at the same time everyday.

Cons

Not a place I would recommend if you are still very early in your career. Lots of red tape. No clear vision. No transparency. Leadership is pretty weak. Not a whole lot of direction from management. Lots of silos. Weak incentives and bonuses equate to low motivation to do well. Slow and weak organizational culture. Difficult to move up, as you get stuck doing one thing. Pretty easy to fall between the organizational cracks. Projects aren't that exciting and technology is archaic. Mentorship program is pretty weak. No leadership development program. No real loyalty from employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. They are a good company but their loyalty to employees was surprising less than their interest in profit margin.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Aurora, CO

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Raytheon does promote career development, and their profit sharing provides incentive.

Cons

They no longer provide a pension. Their management is weak.

When you plan to reduce staff for bottom line profit increases first consider offering experience engineers and valuable staff a chance to accept a pay decrease or grade cut.

2. I have learned a TON. I work in one of the manufacturing factories and I love that environment.

Current Employee - Quality Engineer I in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer I in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Raytheon has compensated the reduction of US government sales with increased foreign business. Raytheon is a huge company with many opportunities for career development. Leadership fast track programs are available.

Cons

The defense industry can be volatile as of late.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon