Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Challenging times ahead - good company for younger employees

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsGood benefits although they are shrinking just like all the other larger defense cos. Career advancement: If you are young and ambitious, there are good programs to develop you and you will be assigned a mentor.

ConsExperience not valued as much as youth, part of the cost cutting strategy is to get rid of older employees in some states and moving functions out to lower cost, less regulated states. Everything being equal and with both employees starting in the company at the same time, the younger employee is set up for success whereas the older employee is not given the same opportunity for training, support and advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementA good mix of young and experienced people is a good thing! Retain some legacy people to maintain stability. Make both groups feel appreciated.

Government leeches are on the way out.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Most managers allow flexible schedules. Cons: Raytheon is in a constant race to the bottom with Lockheed Martin. If Lock Mart only restocks their bathrooms once a week then Tuesday becomes… Advice to Senior Management: Understand that not all engineers are created equally. If you have trained engineers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Slow and Steady

Engineering Manager (Former Employee) Marlborough, MA

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Raytheon is a large, diverse company with many different opportunities. It can weather the ups & downs of defense market by shifting focus to… Cons: Being a defense contractor, most programs are not dealing with cutting edge technologies. The company is very process… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in R&D and business development Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!