One of the best company I ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Laser Electro- Optics Technician  in  El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Laser Electro- Optics Technician in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Provides decent and competitive salary. Exposed to the advance technology that you cannot get from small-medium size company. You'll feel proud that you work with that big organization.

Cons

Since the defense budget cut, People are losing their jobs.

Other Reviews for Raytheon

Systems/Software Engineer

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Professional attitude, opportunities to develop technical skills, open to individuals moving into different roles

Cons

Can become overburdened with work. Formalized approach to performance assessment means that sometimes the only way to get promoted is to concentrate on those goals rather than on stepping in to ensure projects get completed on time.

Don't make people section managers that don't like managing people.

Good, stable career path

Current Employee - Senior Cyber Engineer I  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Cyber Engineer I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I respect the Raytheon values and their efforts to continuously keep their employees trained on the latest security, ethics, and legal issues regarding our company and our jobs. Raytheon is at or near the top of the most respected companies in the defense industry for good reason. The pay is great, the benefits are great, employment is very stable, and work/life balance is top notch. While I am at a smaller division that is geographically isolated from much of the rest of the company where vertical growth is slower, the stuff we do is pretty important and I feel good about what I do.

If you like a stable environment where the pay/benefits are good, many of the staff take mornings off on powder days, and you want to do something important for our country, then this is the place for you.

Cons

The air quality in the Salt Lake valley is comparable to Beijing on several days during the winter season. Also, like I mentioned above, if you are very ambitious you may not have as many vertical opportunities as you may like here.

Understand that the decisions you make, or fail to make, do affect everyone else here. Do not wait until the end of a release cycle to start planning for the next.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!