There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

The culture has changed.

Former Employee - Engineer in Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time

Pros

The work is varied and interesting and there are plenty of different projects to work on.

Cons

The stress levels have ratcheted up across the board and employee support is at a low.

Re-invest in employee training opportunities. Also, move back to a model that supports employee development and risk taking.

reviews filtered by
  1. Raytheon is a company where anyone with the drive, work ethic and communication skills can excel and do very well.

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really like the closeness of my coworkers; everyone seems to know you and your capabilities and seem to really care about each other.

Cons

They have lost their dominant position in the C4ISR community and they have no future plans for the mid-career that are working for them.

They should communicate to their employees better about the future plans of the company and not leave the employees wondering if they should be worried about their future with the company.

Good for people with families, better for men than women

Current Employee - Senior Multi Disciplined Engineer I in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Multi Disciplined Engineer I in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is competitive. Opportunities for travel.

Cons

Still an old boys club. The work is super boring. Lots of people with no real trade or technical skill who have made a career of impeding progress by controlling access. General fear of new technology or methods often stating "we have always done it this way" as an excuse not to innovate.

Get young engineers out of the cubes. Get the old boys who have grabbed up all the cool work, including great travel opportunities to share these tasks. Get management to listen when employees say they are bored and seeking interesting tasks.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon