Great Research and Development Organization

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer I in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer I in Boston, MA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Raytheon keeps values and goals at the forefront of its company behavior. The organization is also supportive of employees seeking to be innovative, celebrating them at senior leadership levels. Organizational channels are effective (HR, Management).

Cons

While Raytheon values its people, your ability to work with organizations outside of your own (i.e. engineering to operations, etc.) may be hampered by the levels of bureaucracy that exist in the organization. Any company of Raytheon's size will have facets, just something to keep in mind. They can be overcome, but it takes some skill.

Advice to Management

Be a consistent advocate for your employees, and inform us of areas in which it's difficult for you to go to bat for us so we can improve them. Employees understand how critical having a supportive manager is, and it's defining for our motivation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good/Poor company

Current Employee - Maintenance in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Maintenance in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent, fellow employees are good to work with- always one or two apples- but for the most part fellow employees take pride and train the new guys-

Cons

Work shift leaders none stop no time off 20-30 days in a row poor management of personnel- very poor training for new hires- low end to mid level leadership- get on board you learn from other employees- poor field management/leadership- nothing is done for moral and well being of employees. Some of Raytheons policies are way overboard and again field management is weak and is dictated by mid to upper level desk management personnel that has no idea what goes on in the field

Advice to Management

Look at how you work and treat employees- expecially range management - moral very low

Senior Principal Engineer

I have been working at Raytheon full-time

Pros

There are a few technically knowledgeable people.

Cons

Does not value knowledge transfer. Too much focus on short-term results, no long-term vision.

Advice to Management

Should build a more objective evaluation system. Evaluation is often based on personal relationship, not on results.