There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Good people, no line manager oversight.

Former Employee - Engineer in Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Engineer in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

Challenging work. Good opportunities. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Human Resources will "side" with management over individual employees.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the ethical consequences of on the job harassment by line managers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Room for growth and good positioning...

Former Employee - Co-Op in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Co-Op in Dallas, TX

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

Good benefits packages. Good design on the Paid-Time-Off - you accumulate a certain amount each month based on number of years worked for the company. A "comfortable" place to work. Flexible time schedules. 40 hours a week of work - sometimes more. Very politically correct and allows for pride in supporting the soldiers without supporting the war necessarily.

Cons

Feels like monkey work after awhile. Unhappy with project status and focus of other people. More meetings than you can shake a stick at - sometimes more meetings than work. After a while, you'll feel like you're living in Dilbert the comic. You start working there and then suddenly its 10 years later and you're still there. Promotions are stuck with the old people - they have to retire or die before you'll have a shot. Luckily for you, thats likely to happen rather soon - old really means old in this case.

Advice to Management

Figure out who works well with whom and get them working together on more projects. Meetings are important but not so important as to fill someone's week with them - then they get nothing but meetings done, which is to say, not very much.

2. So far, so good.

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer I in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer I in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

There's a lot of flexibility in terms of work hours, and in general it seems like there's good support for work/life balance. As a younger engineer, there's a lot of more experienced engineers to learn from, when I can get their attention. On projects I feel like I get a lot of freedom to complete assigned tasks.

Cons

The work comes in waves: either I'm really busy or I'm doing nothing, slight edge towards the latter. As a younger employee, I spend a good amount of time wondering what I should do next. I'm not very clear as far as what skills I should develop in order to add more value to the teams I work with.

Advice to Management

Spend more time developing younger employees.