Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,265 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Good for work/life balance, not if you want to be challenged

Software Engineer I (Current Employee)
Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

ProsYou basically get to choose your own hours. Unless there is a meeting in the morning you are not required to show up at a certain time as long as you get your eight hours in for the day and your work done.

This place is very flexible when it comes to work and life balance. People are also generally very easy going and easy to get along with.

ConsAs a software engineer it is not very challenging. There is also a lot of paperwork when it comes to software development. The software development is also not at all agile, there is no "test first" mentality. It is just "fix first" test later mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementI suppose try to attract people who are actually passionate about what they do.

Raytheon is decent.

Software Engineer I (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros: There is a lot of room for growth within the company. A lot of the managers here are good at teaching new things and new… Cons: The work atmosphere can be competitive at times in terms of dealing with other people in similar positions.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the employees more. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for!

Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros: Exposure to various technologies that are not immediately related to my academic studies. They've given me on-the-job training, just about everything I need… Cons: Management doesn't give much feedback and is often too busy to respond to simple requests such… Advice to Senior Management: Need more feedback. More often, not just when it's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.