There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Good for work/life balance, not if you want to be challenged

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Fullerton, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

You basically get to choose your own hours. Unless there is a meeting in the morning you are not required to show up at a certain time as long as you get your eight hours in for the day and your work done.

This place is very flexible when it comes to work and life balance. People are also generally very easy going and easy to get along with.

Cons

As a software engineer it is not very challenging. There is also a lot of paperwork when it comes to software development. The software development is also not at all agile, there is no "test first" mentality. It is just "fix first" test later mentality.

Advice to Management

I suppose try to attract people who are actually passionate about what they do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Raytheon is decent.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth within the company. A lot of the managers here are good at teaching new things and new processes to people with less experience. My coworkers are friendly and there is a really good team atmosphere. The tools used at work are very helpful. Overall, I enjoy working with my team and working under my current department.

Cons

The work atmosphere can be competitive at times in terms of dealing with other people in similar positions. Sometimes you have to work late hours and long days. Overall, sometimes task can become tedious and mundane.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees more.

2. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Exposure to various technologies that are not immediately related to my academic studies. They've given me on-the-job training, just about everything I need to be successful at what I do. They're paying for my graduate studies, certifications, and all other related technical training external to the company.

Cons

Management doesn't give much feedback and is often too busy to respond to simple requests such as those for tools necessary to do work (e.g., logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, waveform generators, multimeters, etc.)

Advice to Management

Need more feedback. More often, not just when it's required by management above senior management!