ReachLocal

www.reachlocal.com
  www.reachlocal.com
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

Work Hard, Consult & Love Your Job!

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

I have been with ReachLocal for just shy of 3 years. Like any sales job, it has ups and downs but I can confidently say that the ups far out weigh the downs. I speak for most good sales people when I say that the perfect position encompasses a company that gives you something to sell that the market doesn't have, support to sell it and opportunity to grow both professionally and monetarily. ReachLocal encompasses all of this. ReachLocal truly and honestly provides solutions to local businesses that our "competition" does not and we do it through a consultant role which allows us to show an overwhelming amount of value to our customers. There isn't a meeting where I walk into where I am not confident that I can either provide that business with the best technology, reporting and digital solutions in the market or at the very least give them some information and knowledge in the digital space. Either way, that confidence comes from what ReachLocal arms us with in terms of training, technology and support as internet marketing consultants.

Additional Pros -
- ReachLocal allows you to grow your business the way you want to on the most part. Like any sales job there are numbers you are required to hit, but ReachLocal really is an entrepreneurial company. How you grow your business is up to you.
- ReachLocal has a really relaxed atmosphere. If necessary, you can email the CEO, COO etc of the company and they are always willing to take the time to talk to you. Pretty amazing for a company this size.
- You can make a great living as long as you are providing excellent service and keeping your customers happy through appropriate and strategic marketing plans. Your ReachLocal customers stay ReachLocal customers!

Cons

- Management in your specific office anyway isn't necessarily there because they know more than you. Grow your book of business the way YOU want to grow your book of business. Understand your strengths and use those. Communicate to management your plan. If they can't lead by example, that's ok...there are a TON of people in the company that have done what you are doing with huge success, reach out to those people.

- The first year to year 1/2 is TOUGH. In fact, the hardest job I've ever had, but with large reward. Do NOT come work for ReachLocal if you are looking for up calls, or accounts to be given to you. You need to grow your own book of business from zero. Trust me, the success feels that much better when you do.

- Remember to manage work and personal life. Digital advertising can take up your whole day and whole night if you allow it to. As long as you have a computer/ipad/iphone you could potentially be working....so try to have balance. The best ReachLocal sales people do!

If you can't lead by example...look to other managers that have a proven track record of success and LEARN from your staff, they are the one's doing the job day in and day out!
Also don't forget what we are doing - digital marketing - it should be fun!!! :)

389 Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal (View Most Recent)

Numerous Opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

Growth - the company is in hyper-growth mode which leads to many opportunities
    Opportunity
    People
    Culture
    Ideas

Cons

Pay someone lower than competitive set
    Growth has problems - scale, training, etc.

If you work hard and put in the time...

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

You can make a great living if you planning on putting your all into your craft. As with any sales position it takes a lot of time and dedication to get to the top levels. The first year is extremely tough, as you build from the ground up, but as you get through it will make you a better sales person. I've been with ReachLocal for over 4 years and it's been a great place to build a living for myself and my family because they give you the tools to be successful, it's up to you how to use those tools and apply them to your trade.

The product itself is great. All of my clients have a need that we fulfill. As long as you set the right budgets, manage expectations and service the client post sale, everyone can be very successful and have lots of happy clients.

ReachLocal's environment is fun to be a part of. As with any job the day to day can bog you down but knowing that we are part of a fast moving international company in a growth industry is fun. The big picture of our company keeps me motivated to making sure that I am doing my part.

Work life balance is great, after your first year. Once you make it through your first year you can start to balance things. If you are thinking of coming onboard understand it takes a dedication not only from you but your family, if you have one. I was lucky in that I was single when i started but now that I am married with a child, I'm afforded the ability to enjoy my family life. But I stress that this is an earned privilege.

Cons

One of the downsides that I'm concerned with is the lack of effort and motivation some of the sales reps have had. I've seen a lot of people come and go and 9 out of 10 times the reason that they don't make it is that they don't do enough in the first year on a day to day basis.

Upward mobility is a challenge since most of the offices are sales positions. But if you are successful at bringing on and keeping clients you can make more than most in management positions and support roles. Just remember that this is a sales organization.

My advice is to just keep being inventive with solutions for our clients. Make sure that we are thinking in terms of how we can help businesses grow.

Also to make sure that our foundation of support help is suited to meet our needs in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal