Industry Leader and Great Opportunity to Grow

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

We by far are the biggest and the best company in our industry and lead the space with a killer technology platform.

Cons

Competition within the industry is tough and sometimes due to Reachlocal's fast growth somethings are not done in what seems like a timely matter, but with so much growth comes some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Focus on the Customer's and the IMC's even more, and don't fall into the manage by Wall Street numbers trap.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ReachLocal is a great place to work with ample opportunity to prove yourself.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

* Extremely talented/technical staff * Amazing technology leadership * Great opportunity to advance * An atmosphere that inspires education

Cons

There is too much going on to be involved in all of the projects

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on what we do best.

2. Top company, hard work, great opportunity

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

ReachLocal is an industry leader with great products for SMB's. Office atmosphere is casual-focus is on getting the job done. A minimum of b.s. meetings, paperwork and silly sales contests. Peers are good to excellent sales professionals. Top management is quite accessible for a company of this size. No pressure to sell particular products therefore I can tailor a package to fit my prospect. Sales material, client reporting is outstanding.

Cons

This is hard work. You need to be constantly balancing prospecting, sales and managing your accounts. It is taking me longer than I thought to get to the big payday, although it is happening. A fast-growing company has growing pains, mostly in the area of operations. Since all support functions are remote, it is a little more difficult to trouble-shoot and problem-solve. All things considered, I'd rather be at a great,fast-moving company with some "glitches" than the old-media dinosaur with the myopic, arrogant managment and failing products that I came from.

Advice to Management

Definitely would like to see a revised commission structure that rewards IMC's as they hit various revenue levels.