There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

Great place to work, but you better be ready to work...I miss it

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product had the "wow" factor, Uncapped commissions, Make your own schedule, Unlimited Vacation Days, FREEDOM

Cons

To much freedom, not a 40, 50, 60 hour a week job, The smaller the account the more work

Advice to Management

I loved working their. I wish I didn't have to leave, but the numbers are what they are.

Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal

Keep your options open

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you currently work for an advertising company and already have loyal customers that you can sign up at ReachLocal you will be better off.

Cons

At first it seems that your co-workers are there to help you but you will find out that is not the case. New hires are little more than farming opportunities for one or two senior representatives in the office. Senior reps will not help you because they want your accounts when you get fired or give up and quit. You will be micromanaged like no place you have ever seen before. The St. Louis office only has two reps that have been there for more than a year and a manager that has no business managing people at all. It was the most uncomfortable professional environment I have experienced and I am glad I left.

2. Great place to work if you want to be a part of building something great.

Current Employee - Service Team Leader in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Service Team Leader in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with ReachLocal for the past 19 months and can say without hesitation that joining the RL team has been one of the best career decisions I have make in my life. I have been in the workforce for 16 years and it is refreshing to work for a company that does not set limits on what an employee can do. ReachLocal is the place to work if you want to be a part of building something.

Cons

As a young company, many of the processes and procedures have not been created or launched. Building processes, procedures, leaders, and a global company, all at the same time, is hard work. It can be very frustrating to constantly be building, testing, and revising. But, the end result will be worth the frustrations. ReachLocal is still finding its way but is determined to make a great impact in online marketing.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on core elements. Challenge your leaders more, especially the young ones.