A Great Place To Build a Long-Term Career

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started working as an Account Manager in 2008 after graduating college with a Marketing degree. I knew i wanted to work in the digital space as most forms of traditional media are on the decline. I'm glad a chose ReachLocal as this company has proven to be a true leader in the digital space. Four years later, career continues to excel. The compensation for Account Managers includes a residual commission that provides incentive to grow your income year after year. Also, the relaxed yet excited atmosphere of ambitious professionals in the local offices makes it really feel like you are part of a family.

Cons

If you are not willing to put forth a lot of hard work in the first year and immerse yourself in the industry to become a true expert, this job will become very challenging. The people that seem to be most dissatisfied with the position are usually the ones that aren't willing to sprint from the beginning in order to find their stride. If you are not comfortable educating business owners about high level marketing solutions and are not willing to challenge their strategies, then you will likely get discouraged and quickly get surpassed by the competition.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and develop the ambitious professionals, tenured and new alike. Be weary of people that come to ReachLocal looking for a normal desk job or a free ride. This company is a great fit for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career, but they must be willing to put in the work to become an expert. With the help of management, we can put the right people in place to take this company to the next level.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Don't be fooled by the base salary.

Former Employee - IMC in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IMC in Tampa, FL

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Product does work, they treat their employees well and overall this could be a good job

Cons

Chur! Most accounts and employees churn.The training is lousy and even though you spend a week in Dallas it does not scratch the surface on how the products work.. It will take years to make the kind of money they talk about and in fact the only ones making money where I use to work were the old timers who would inherit accounts or who were on the managers good side.

Advice to Management

Train new IMC's, let them shadow senior member to learn the products and sales cycle. Stop playing favorites.

2. Great Place To Work

Former Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

culture, people, opportunity, work and fast growth

Cons

pace of change, high growth challenges

Advice to Management

as we grow fast we need to keep the culture we created