There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

A Great Place To Build a Long-Term Career

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started working as an Account Manager in 2008 after graduating college with a Marketing degree. I knew i wanted to work in the digital space as most forms of traditional media are on the decline. I'm glad a chose ReachLocal as this company has proven to be a true leader in the digital space. Four years later, career continues to excel. The compensation for Account Managers includes a residual commission that provides incentive to grow your income year after year. Also, the relaxed yet excited atmosphere of ambitious professionals in the local offices makes it really feel like you are part of a family.

Cons

If you are not willing to put forth a lot of hard work in the first year and immerse yourself in the industry to become a true expert, this job will become very challenging. The people that seem to be most dissatisfied with the position are usually the ones that aren't willing to sprint from the beginning in order to find their stride. If you are not comfortable educating business owners about high level marketing solutions and are not willing to challenge their strategies, then you will likely get discouraged and quickly get surpassed by the competition.

Continue to support and develop the ambitious professionals, tenured and new alike. Be weary of people that come to ReachLocal looking for a normal desk job or a free ride. This company is a great fit for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career, but they must be willing to put in the work to become an expert. With the help of management, we can put the right people in place to take this company to the next level.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Work Ethic is Rewarded

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules if you can manage your time properly and obviously close business. Compensation is fair, support is solid and they will build an entire dedicated support team around you when you achieve certain levels. If you work hark, can relate to business owners and ask for the business you can make a living that most dream of.

Cons

Stock options for non-management is very minimal even for producers.

Be a little more visible in the local offices. Keep making great decisions like you have been. Never forgot that we used to be a very small company with an idea.

2. ReachLocal is the best place to work!

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ReachLocal is the best place to work because the products and services are a step ahead of the competition. The compensation plan is very competitive which helps us move forward financially in our career. I think the best part of RL is the positive work environment in our offices which creates a feeling of being supported as a sales professional.

Cons

If there was a negative it would have to be the competitive nature of the online marketing industry in general. We as IMC's have to work hard to develop new business and develop relationships with our current clients. RL helps us with many tools and training to be true consultants!

My advice to management would be to listen and inspire each IMC. Each of us have a different selling style which has been successful for us in the past. After all that is why you hired us!

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal