ReachLocal

www.reachlocal.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

Don't be fooled by the base salary.

Former Employee - IMC in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - IMC in Tampa, FL

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Product does work, they treat their employees well and overall this could be a good job

Cons

Chur! Most accounts and employees churn.The training is lousy and even though you spend a week in Dallas it does not scratch the surface on how the products work.. It will take years to make the kind of money they talk about and in fact the only ones making money where I use to work were the old timers who would inherit accounts or who were on the managers good side.

Train new IMC's, let them shadow senior member to learn the products and sales cycle. Stop playing favorites.

409 Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal (View Most Recent)

Keep your options open

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you currently work for an advertising company and already have loyal customers that you can sign up at ReachLocal you will be better off.

Cons

At first it seems that your co-workers are there to help you but you will find out that is not the case. New hires are little more than farming opportunities for one or two senior representatives in the office. Senior reps will not help you because they want your accounts when you get fired or give up and quit.
    You will be micromanaged like no place you have ever seen before. The St. Louis office only has two reps that have been there for more than a year and a manager that has no business managing people at all. It was the most uncomfortable professional environment I have experienced and I am glad I left.

I love this place!!

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reachlocal has created the perfect mix of working for a large company with a small family feel. I've never worked at a place where the sales staff has such a long average tenure and we all still like each other. This is truly a sales career and not just a sales job.

Cons

You have to build your book of business completely from scratch...this is actually a good thing overall the long haul...but it means that it takes time.

Continue to provide us with the best suite of services and products in the market today.

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal