There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

Don't be fooled by the base salary.

Former Employee - IMC in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - IMC in Tampa, FL

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Product does work, they treat their employees well and overall this could be a good job

Cons

Chur! Most accounts and employees churn.The training is lousy and even though you spend a week in Dallas it does not scratch the surface on how the products work.. It will take years to make the kind of money they talk about and in fact the only ones making money where I use to work were the old timers who would inherit accounts or who were on the managers good side.

Train new IMC's, let them shadow senior member to learn the products and sales cycle. Stop playing favorites.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work if you want to be a part of building something great.

Current Employee - Service Team Leader in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Service Team Leader in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been with ReachLocal for the past 19 months and can say without hesitation that joining the RL team has been one of the best career decisions I have make in my life. I have been in the workforce for 16 years and it is refreshing to work for a company that does not set limits on what an employee can do. ReachLocal is the place to work if you want to be a part of building something.

Cons

As a young company, many of the processes and procedures have not been created or launched. Building processes, procedures, leaders, and a global company, all at the same time, is hard work. It can be very frustrating to constantly be building, testing, and revising. But, the end result will be worth the frustrations. ReachLocal is still finding its way but is determined to make a great impact in online marketing.

Keep focused on core elements. Challenge your leaders more, especially the young ones.

2. I love this place!!

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reachlocal has created the perfect mix of working for a large company with a small family feel. I've never worked at a place where the sales staff has such a long average tenure and we all still like each other. This is truly a sales career and not just a sales job.

Cons

You have to build your book of business completely from scratch...this is actually a good thing overall the long haul...but it means that it takes time.

Continue to provide us with the best suite of services and products in the market today.

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal