There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

Good work environment, but broken company.

Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Shreveport, LA

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work environment was great, and I truly enjoyed the company of my coworkers. My managers were some of the best managers I've ever had, and I have no complaints from the people who I worked closest with.

Cons

There are zero career opportunities as a Campaign Professional, and you are also severely underpaid. Additionally, the company is outsourcing as much as possible to India as an attempt to save it's bottom line. The future doest look good for this company, and I don't think it'll be around much longer. What ReachLocal offers is quickly becoming obsolete, and the top leadership doesn't appear to be doing enough to remain competitive. This company is run by sales people instead of forward thinkers, and things seem to have been slowly falling apart for the last several months leading up to me being laid off.

If you were planning to outsource our jobs overseas, the least you could have done was give us a few weeks notice.

reviews filtered by

Spread Too Thin

Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Shreveport, LA

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work environment was amazing. I've never made so many friends in one location, outside of maybe college. Everyone was generally fun to be around, regardless of which location I was at. For the most part, the work environment is still the same.

Regardless of the cons I list below, this is still a decent starting job if you're looking to get into the field.

Cons

-- Low compensation. I'm not sure why, but RL never paid any of its service members a competitive salary for the market. There definitely wasn't a lack of talent or initiative.

-- Lack of innovation. RL is no longer an industry driver, unfortunately.

-- Lack of upward mobility. There were positions above me, but we were constantly poked and proded into positions and situations that were less than ideal. There was quite a bit of stagnation, because of this.

Go back to your roots. RL used to be a leader in the field, and it can be again. RL as it stands now, is spread too thin. Senior management has lost touch with the ground floor, and there is too much confusion in the ranks. Lack of transparency and communication has also contributed to RL's current situation. Go back to focusing on search and display -- drive innovation, and stay there.

Cold Calling to schedule appointment with potential clients show then may be presented a sales demonstration.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent product for proven increase in sales revenue for cleint.

Cons

Sales cycle too involved and long.

Current data based does not encourage ongoing sales possibilities.

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal