There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

Good work environment, but broken company.

Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Shreveport, LA
Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Shreveport, LA

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment was great, and I truly enjoyed the company of my coworkers. My managers were some of the best managers I've ever had, and I have no complaints from the people who I worked closest with.

Cons

There are zero career opportunities as a Campaign Professional, and you are also severely underpaid. Additionally, the company is outsourcing as much as possible to India as an attempt to save it's bottom line. The future doest look good for this company, and I don't think it'll be around much longer. What ReachLocal offers is quickly becoming obsolete, and the top leadership doesn't appear to be doing enough to remain competitive. This company is run by sales people instead of forward thinkers, and things seem to have been slowly falling apart for the last several months leading up to me being laid off.

Advice to Management

If you were planning to outsource our jobs overseas, the least you could have done was give us a few weeks notice.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stepping Stone, Absorb Quickly and Move On

Former Employee - Senior Campaign Professional in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Campaign Professional in Dallas, TX

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people (CP dept)
    Tshirt & Jeans environment
    Train you to find better opportunities else where
    Flexible hours and management

Cons

No career opportunities
    Severely underpaid
    Constant losing battle with sales
    High turnover of experience workers
    Tantrums are rewarded

Advice to Management

If you don't know where your next career step is, how can you help those below you with their career plans? If y'all are stuck, you are all stuck.

If you are ambitious, the world is your oyster...Buy a Suitcase!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ReachLocal Orlando is a high energy environment comprised of some the companies best Sales and Account Executives. A winning "Team" attitude has resulted in Orlando consistently achieving recognition in monthly North American sales calls!

ReachLocal is perpetually innovating resulting in leading edge solutions for our clients and prospects. This innovation is fueled from feedback from the street, our clients and our salesforce, which ultimately results in solutions set that is highly desired and appreciated by SMB owners.

It is evident that our solutions contribute to our high energy environment because our Sales Executives are excited to talk about them. As a result, prospecting feels much less like "work" than other sales environments.

For Account Executives, ReachLocal's commitment to a "Client First" value system makes managing our accounts a much less stressful responsibility. Encouraged to meet with our clients on a regular basis to share ideas, results and recommendations, our AEs are able to grow our business and mitigate loss more effectively while also driving an exceptional client experience.

If a promising Career Path is what you are looking for, then the world is your oyster! ReachLocal is highly pro-active and comitted to developing their talent and promoting from within. Orlando has a strong track record of success in developing it's team members resulting in promotion. If you are ambitious, buy a suitcase!

Cons

Like any fast growing company we are capable of sometimes putting the cart before the horse but always in the name of progression.

A fast pace, high energy environment can result in stress as a side effect.

Advice to Management

Press On!!!