ReachLocal

www.reachlocal.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

Good work environment, but broken company.

Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Shreveport, LA
Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Shreveport, LA

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work environment was great, and I truly enjoyed the company of my coworkers. My managers were some of the best managers I've ever had, and I have no complaints from the people who I worked closest with.

Cons

There are zero career opportunities as a Campaign Professional, and you are also severely underpaid. Additionally, the company is outsourcing as much as possible to India as an attempt to save it's bottom line. The future doest look good for this company, and I don't think it'll be around much longer. What ReachLocal offers is quickly becoming obsolete, and the top leadership doesn't appear to be doing enough to remain competitive. This company is run by sales people instead of forward thinkers, and things seem to have been slowly falling apart for the last several months leading up to me being laid off.

If you were planning to outsource our jobs overseas, the least you could have done was give us a few weeks notice.

409 Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal (View Most Recent)

Cold Calling to schedule appointment with potential clients show then may be presented a sales demonstration.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent product for proven increase in sales revenue for cleint.

Cons

Sales cycle too involved and long.

Current data based does not encourage ongoing sales possibilities.

Sinking Ship

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have good health benefits.

Cons

RL is supposed to be a "Digital Company" but run their business like the Yellow Pages of old. Compensation for Sales Reps is deplorable and training is more propaganda than actual reality.
    There is no clear direction for this company and calling RL a SaaS Company is laughable to say the least.
    The "Platform" is out dated and support, after massive layoffs this month, is nearly obsolete.
    The morale and culture is horrible and the new executives have destroyed this once good company. It's a "Me" attitude from the top down and that will ultimately be the downfall of ReachLocal!

To little to late. Your story has come to an end.

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal