ReachLocal

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

Not Happy with Recent Changes

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Office culture is great, amazing co-workers, lots of room to work independently, possibility to make a lot of money if you a sales person who can hustle.

Cons

They recently changed the compensation plan, which made a lot of people unhappy. Once that changed, they started to let go of certain positions. It seems they are moving away from wanting to give great service to existing clients and just focus on generating new ones. As someone who provided client support, I do not agree with this change. Recently a lot of people have left because there are no more goals to work towards. It's a constant selling job and each month or quarter you have to hit your quota all over again. Nothing to reach for in terms of long term. On the Support side, the pay is terrible and you do just as much if not more work than the people who got the sale.

Stop allowing your best AE's/AM's and Support people to leave. They have kept your long time clients from leaving. They understand the platform better than any SE or IMC. The clients stay because of them. Start focusing on the people. This company use to feel like a place I could work for years and years until new rules were set (without any warning) and I lost my job because of no fault of my own. And, the HR "help" I received after being laid off was terrible. No one could answer any of my questions. It was a terrible ending to what had been the best place I ever worked.

389 Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal (View Most Recent)

I miss working there, and I'm so glad that I had the chance to call ReachLocal my home.

Former Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really liked the fact that we had a chance to be super creative, express ourselves and work flexible hours. The pay was pretty decent as well, especially if you're coming in with no experience. I worked there for several years and was involved in many projects. It really prepared me to be able to take my career in the direction it's currently in today. I met some amazing people along the way. ReachLocal was very generous and kind to me (as a whole). And, I encourage anyone who is looking for an advertising/marketing/sales career to definitely apply to ReachLocal. They also have amazing health benefits. I can't thank ReachLocal enough for saying yes to me after interviewing there years ago. THANK YOU! :) :) :) :) :)

Cons

It's a fast-paced, tough work environment and if you're going to work there "YOU BETTER BRING IT." Any sales environment is going to be tense at times. However, it can be very rewarding. You cannot "blend in with the crowd." What I mean by that is bring something to the table professionally that others cannot bring. The hard work DOES PAY OFF at ReachLocal. You have to be a hard worker to last here.

Management needs more corporate-driven training. But, management does a great job at ReachLocal overall. Additionally, more team building activities would have been good I think, because it's such a large office and hard to get to know people. We did do some activities and I felt like those were always helpful. They brought our groups closer together.

Great company

Former Employee - IMC in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - IMC in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Reachlocal. They treat their salespeople like professionals. They have excellent benefits, salary, commissions etc and a great product

Cons

I didn't have any cons working for this company. I enjoyed every minute of it.

This was the best management team I have ever had the pleasure of working for. They genuinely care about their company and their employees. Everyone from the CEO down to the local management is there for support and guidance.

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal