ReachLocal

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

Great Culture & Great Working Environment

Current Employee - Operations in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Operations in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone knows that in your career, you typically spend more time with your co-workers that your family. I cannot imagine a better group of people to work for and with. We have a blast at work and everyone works so great in a team environment, that it makes it easy to succeed. It is truly a loving family that is open and accepting to everyone, and everyone on the team I consider a wonderful and genuine team. Everyone serves as a great mentor and truly has everyone's best interest at heart. The Management is amazing. If you go to them with a problem, they work diligently to solve the issue and make things easier for you. Management makes it very easy to approach them with challenges that you may be facing and will go to bat for you in all circumstances.

Cons

As an internet based company that is constantly changing, it can be scary to face change. I have been with this company for 6 years and have embraced the change only to find that in the end, we get through it together and stronger as a team and company.

I have been in several different roles throughout the company and have had several different manager all with different management types. I have met and worked under some of the most talented, hard working, compassionate, and honest people that I truly look up to and admire as individuals. I take their strengths as something that I want to achieve in my career and try to achieve in myself in order to be a better employee and human being.

389 Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal (View Most Recent)

ReachLocal WAS great company!! North America Reach Reloaded was a mistake!

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful products! Training, communication and employees are top notch!!!

Cons

Company made a huge mistake with SE and AE roles for it's sales force. The company has lost millions of dollars from churned clients and so many talented people have left. This place will never be the same.

Go back to a strategy where you sales people can keep, acquire and maintain the client relationship. People buy from people they like and trust. There is too much competition to just rely your platform and services. Customers need and want trust! The constant pressure of client acquisition will result in more talent leaving this company. What would Nathan Hankes do????

Looking for six months of employment...join ReachLocal

Current Employee - Believer of False Promises in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Believer of False Promises in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training is probably second to none. They prepare you for what seems like it would be an easy job.

Cons

Turnover. A "senior rep" only requires about 4 months tenure. They can't hire people faster than they fire them or they willingly resign. False promises are delivered daily. "Things are changing", yet things have only gotten worse in the past year. The reputation of the company makes the sale a very difficult process.

If you say you are going to do something, deliver on it. People are tired of being lied to and baited.

There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal