Reachlocal

www.reachlocal.com

Work Hard, Consult & Educate....and there is no better place to work!

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I have been with ReachLocal for just shy of 3 years. As with any sales jobs there have been ups and downs in my career at ReachLocal. However, there have been far more "ups" than "downs." ReachLocal arms with you the best technology and support in the market. Bottom line, we offer on so many levels something that our competition does not. With that mindset and the mindset of really educating your customers and consulting them on their digital needs you can make a wonderful living at ReachLocal. The best technology, smart efficient sales people = happy customers.

Additional Pros -
- The atmosphere at ReachLocal is laid back. If we remember what we are doing, helping local business with digital advertising needs, its FUN!
- ReachLocal will give you the tools and technology necessary to grow your customer base, however it's really up to you how you want to do it. ReachLocal gives you the freedom to really be an entrepreneur in how your build and sustain your business. Help is always available.
- At the end of the day, I think most sales people just want to feel confident that the product they are selling is effective. You don't have to even think about that with our products, specifically I would say our pay per click & display programs. I walk into every appointment/customer I have knowing that I work for a company that provides the very best that is available.
- This company is innovative and one of first in the marketplace to provide additional products and services to our customers. It's nice to be with a company that is setting the pace instead of trying to keep up with it!

Cons

I have said since the day I started to today - ReachLocal is the hardest job I have ever had! If you aren't looking for a career where you have to work hard, stay focused, be on your toes and provide the best service ever to your customers, ReachLocal is not the place for you. It's a very competitive marketplace and although we have the best products and services available to local business, its often times a difficult conversation/sales process. Stick with it....they will understand. Consult, be knowledgeable and LISTEN to your customers. They will in turn listen to you and understand...but it's tough, especially in your first year - year 1/2.

Additional Cons -
Management doesn't mean that they know more...luckily you can reach out to other IMCs across the country that have gone through or are going through the exact things you are. Managers are helpful in some cases, but learn from the people that have done your job and had huge success doing it!

Don't work for ReachLocal if you don't have time to work hard and work longer hours, especially in your first year - year 1/2!

Continue to give your staff the freedom to build their business with the strengths that they have in the way they want to build it! Just like we do, management should reach out to other successful managers to determine what they have done/are doing to have a successful office/area and keep it fun! It's digital marketing!!

Other reviews for Reachlocal

This is a real sales job...............work hard and you will succeed!

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Nashville, TN

Pros

What is great about ReachLocal is that you decide your destiny. Commissions get higher as you sell and you are rewarded for hard work. Personal and professional growth is important for me. This company does a great job of updating and training its employees with market trends and changes, so to make sure you can succeed.

ReachLocal also is just fun. They encourage you to enjoy the environment you work in and encourage a friendly sales office.

Cons

Their is a lot of turnover. However, this is a con due to the work ethic of the sales people. This is s true sales job. You make your numbers and you can stay and make more money, if you don't make your sales numbers then they will find someone who can. The first year is rough, but if you can get through it and maintain your client base then you have what it takes.

I would love to see a bonus structure put in place to reward those who continue to succeed and make their numbers.

This has been the most rewarding career move that I possibly could have made.

Current Employee - RSM  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - RSM in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

ReachLocal has the top technology in our space. We have a unique culture that fosters both leadership development and new hire training from all levels within the office. I consider this to be the best career move in the Valley for someone that can work hard and smart and not give up after a few months.

Cons

It is not easy. You do have to work hard. It is not account management in the beginning. You need to build your business and then the position changes to more account management and working referrals. This is not the gravy train job.

There are newer employer reviews for Reachlocal.

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!